Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Week 5 (Blog 4)

Analytics, demographics, data always get me hyped. It may sound as a mundane hobby or interest, but it is quite interesting to me. We all know and acknowledge data. I spent two years after high school programing and was aware about data and its presence everywhere. However, what surprised me in the lecture was the amount of data present and the dependency we had on it. I found the TED conference in the lecture was quite intriguing as it explained the value and power data has currently. Also, the game lose/lose made me realize the hold data has on us. After I read about it, I tried playing the game. However I could not get myself to play it. Every time I got close to the start button, my mind kept racing to figure out which file is it going to delete? How important is that data? What if I need that data later? It really got me thinking. Another point I did find astounding was the way some people use data.I would have never thought of data in a creative manner before but once I read the lecture, it deffinatly changed my mind. The Wilderness Downtown was an interactive video that  got me thinking about how creative data can be. In class however we spoke about the amount of data we knowingly or unknowingly put out there. Overall, I found the lecture very interesting and the discussion in class very stimulating. 

No comments:

Post a Comment