Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Week 4

Criticism is one of the most vital roles in self development whether you like it or not. The lecture on medium stated various amazing facts about criticism, its origin and its value. Also, during the class discussions we tried figuring out which was the best kind of tool for self development between reviews, essays or academic articles.We divided into groups as usual and found a review, an essay and an academic article for a movie of our choice, namely ‘The Godfather’. It was followed by listing out the differences and deciding on which one would be the best source for self development. I have read numerous reviews and some essays but never academic articles before. Last class when I read an academic article for the first time I realized the value it holds, especially for me as a film student. I watch a movie multiple times to study it and this would help me dissect the movies even further and understand minute details in the plot, narrative, structure and so on. I believe I have found a new tool that I would use for possibly the rest of my life. Today I will read them to understand and learn other movies; tomorrow I would use them to understand and grow on my own movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment